OMFIF has set up the OMFIF Foundation, aiming to improve the functioning of official financial institutions in global business, finance and civil society.
With a long-term focus on increasing understanding of these institutions’ far-reaching operations and investments, the Foundation will undertake activities in education, research and public policy with partners around the world. The Foundation, a not-for-profit body in London, operates across the sectors that form the centrepiece of the Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum – central banks, sovereign funds, public pension agencies and other public investment institutions.
The Foundation will operate on a broader range than OMFIF with a wider set of partners among public institutions, governments, academia, training and capacity-building entities and other non-commercial bodies.
The board of directors of the Foundation comprises:
- Dr. Zeti Aziz, Governor, Bank Negara Malaysia (2000-16)
- Mark Burgess, Managing Director, Australian Future Fund (2011-14)
- Prof. Lord Meghnad Desai, Emeritus Professor, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Lord Norman Lamont, UK Chancellor of the Exchequer (1990-93)
- David Marsh, Managing Director, OMFIF
- John Plender, Chairman, OMFIF
For details of research, education activities and possible partnerships, please visit:
For more information please contact:
+44 (0) 20 7965 4499